Dear Parents, Principals, Teachers, Students we are happy to inform you that the 2018/2019 InterswitchSPAK Version 1.0registration opens on Wednesday 21st February 2018.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: 2019/2020 Online Registration for the InterswitchSPAK Version 2.0 is Yet to commence. Kindly check back later for an updated guidelines as soon as the registration formalities has been announced.
InterswitchSPAK is an annual search across high schools (public and private) in Nigeria for only SS 2 (year 11) students between the ages of 14-17 years. It is introduced to chart the ideal career path and drive the student towards full optimization of their potentials and fulfillment of their dreams (either as an inventor or entrepreneur) with a key message of revving up the interest of students; parents, teachers and other key stakeholders towards STEM education and its application in Africa
InterswitchSPAK is a mix of education, entertainment and technology which fits into the drive for excellence and innovations.
The intention is to encourage students to pride up interest in sciences by creating the right ambience that would stimulate their performance with a key message of increasing the interest of Student, Parents, Teachers and other key stakeholders in Nigeria in the Sciences.
Participation on SPAK is FREE for all.
Over the years, research has revealed that the interest of students in the sciences has waned. This is as a result of inadequate teaching & learning aids; and the myth that the sciences are difficult study areas for young people.
However, for a country interested in growth and development, the foundation needs to be well laid especially in the area of science & technology.
In encouraging the study of science and promoting the various opportunities for sound science education for the Nigerian science student, SPAK has been designed basically for senior secondary school students in charting the ideal career path and driving them towards full optimization of their potentials and the fulfillment of their dreams.
Over the years, research has revealed that the quality of STEM education; like other core areas in Africa has steadily and gradually declined. This is as a result of various challenges such as poverty; inadequate funding; lack of interest from students; unqualified teachers;inadequate learning aids, incessant strikes/ industrial actions, just to mention a few.
In promoting the various opportunities for sound education/background for the African student especially as it relates to STEM, InterswitchSPAK Switch-a-Future Initiative is being introduced predominantly for high school students to chart the ideal career path and drive them towards full optimization of their potentials / fulfillment of their dreams (either as an inventor or entrepreneur) thereby making Africa a better place to live in!
InterswitchSPAK switch-a-future Initiative is a unique concept developed to identify, promote and ignite the right support and reward for STEM students in Africa.
- To arouse and sustain keen interest in the study of STEM in high schools across Africa.
- To raise the standard of STEM education and reward excellence with educational grants through an unbiased competition that would promote sound education in Africa.
- To create a vehicle that is genuinely interested in the growth, development and well-being of Africa students and teachers through various interventions including scholarship schemes for outstanding STEM students.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- This competition is open to students in SSS2 (year 11) between 14 – 17 years; attending full time Secondary Education in both Public and Private Schools in Nigeria.
- Participation in this competition is FREE.
- Registration to participate is strictly online via https://interswitchspak.com/
- Each School is required to present their BEST six (6) students in Science (SS2 students), irrespective of sex, religion, tribe or state of origin, to enhance their chances of qualifying for the second round of the competition.
- Mixed-schools are required to have at least two female students-amongst the six(6) that would represent them.
- There are many examination centers across Nigeria.
There are two main levels of the competition.
FIRST ROUND: WRITTEN QUALIFYING EXAMINATION
In this stage, all the online registered students’ (i.e. the best SIX (6) from each registered school) will write a National qualifying examination conducted by NECO at designated centers across Nigeria including FCT, Abuja.
Each school is to prepare their representatives for the qualifying exams in four subjects- Mathematics, Physics; Chemistry & Biology based on the current year 11 WAEC/NECO syllabuses.
The National Qualifying Exams.
100 Objective questions in 75 minutes; 25 each from the 4 Subjects.
SECOND ROUND: TV QUIZ COMPETITION
The best 81 students (with the highest scores) out of those who wrote the qualifying examination will be invited to participate at this stage of the competition. This will be recorded and transmitted on Television across Nigeria and Africa.
The overall best three students per State will be recognized.
All students who make it to the TV quiz competition stage would get plagues, certificate of participation and educational grants amongst other things.
Please follow and like us: @solutionclass