A new Year has com, which means it’s the perfect time to improve up your job search. But what can you do to pump up the job hunting? Read our top 6 techniques that you should be using in your job search.
1) Use social media to its full potential If you’re looking for something to ramp up your job search – it’s definitely social media. Get your personal brand out there – potential employers could be on the networks you least suspect them to be on.
2) Get your CV ready CVs are documents that are necessary for the job search. And of course, they’re definitely an important factor in any job search. A stand-out CV could be the difference between an interview and a rejection.
3) Allow yourself time off If you had a job, would you work 7 days a week, with no weekend or days off? Of course not! Bare this in mind when you’re job hunting – you need time off to concentrate on other things and refresh your mind. Think of job hunting as a job in itself – Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.
4) Network Amp up the networking! It’s a great way to meet new people, and discover new positions that you may be suitable for. Networking can happen online and offline, so don’t be afraid to pick up that phone and ask to meet someone for a coffee!
5) Volunteer Good old fashioned volunteer work can actually be a good way to break into a new industry or gain some useful experience to improve your CV. Companies may not advertise their volunteer opportunities, so ring up and ask at some of the companies you would like to work for.
6) Create a ‘hot list’ This is a great way to visualize your targets. Write down a list of 30 or 40 companies that you’d love to work for – and use these as your focus for job search.